Whole Home Dehumidifiers
AirNow Has Been Servicing Homes In Montgomery, Prattville, Millbrook, Tallassee & Wetumpka Since 1991
Let’s face it – Montgomery AL and the surrounding areas tend to be very humid. All of that humidity can seep into your home, moistening the air to the point where your house becomes a good breeding ground for mold, mildew and other types of bacteria. While it’s great to make sure the air in your home is not too dry, you also need to ensure it doesn’t become overly moist as well. Many air conditioners are good at this, but that’s not their primary function: they mainly serve to heat and cool the air in your home, not control its humidity.
That’s where dehumidifiers come in. Dehumidifiers are specifically designed to extract humidity from your home.
Signs You May Need A Dehumidifer
- Signs of mold or mildew growth.
- “Sticky” or “sweaty” floors.
- Moldy or musty smells throughout the house.
- The appearance of wet stains on walls and ceilings.
- Household occupants showing signs of allergy symptoms.
- Condensation appearing on pipes and other areas in the home.
Types Of Dehumidifers
There are two main categories of dehumidifers:
- Whole Home Dehumidifers - Whole Home Dehumidifiers are high-efficiency units that effectively dehumidify the entire house. It is recommend that these are professionally installed so as to ensure they are the proper size for your home.
- Basement Dehumifiers - Basement Dehumidifiers work to control mold and mildew growth in the basement, which is most susceptible to moisture. They are highly portable units.
Within those two categories there are a couple of different kinds of units that dehumidify a home in various ways:
- Chemical Absorbent Dehumidifers - Chemical Absorbent Dehumidifiers use a wheel device to heat silica gel. The gel is then dried and damp air is disbursed through an exterior vent.
- Heat Pump Dehumidifers - Heat Pump Dehumidifiers use a heat pump to collect indoor air, pass it through a heat exchange coil, condense it and disburse it as warm, dry air.
AirNow offers a number of different types and models of dehumidifiers to suit your unique needs. Contact us today to learn how we can help make your home a more comfortable, healthy place to live. Get in touch with us to find out how we can help make your home as comfortable as possible – spring, summer, fall or winter.