What are load calculations?
Load calculating is the process AirNow uses to ensure your HVAC system is properly sized in order to provide the most efficient, effective means of heating and cooling your home.
Why is this important?
A system that is too big or too small will not heat or cool your home effectively. Further, an improperly-sized system could cost you significant dollars in utility bills because it will not be working efficiently.
How does AirNow make sure an HVAC system is properly sized?
We use a number of processes, including:
- A detailed inspection of your house, checking for any potential areas where air could escape or leak in.
- Measuring all rooms in your home that are potential heating or cooling areas.
- Employing specialized tools and technology to make sure we perform accurate readings and measurements.
What are the benefits of load calculating an HVAC system?
Making sure your home has an appropriately-sized HVAC system can result in several benefits, including:
- Less chance the system will need to continuously cycle itself on and off. This can result in greater efficiency and lower energy bills.
- Longer equipment life. Due to fewer on/off cycles, there will be less of a chance the system will need to be repaired. In fact, proper load calculation can help extend the life of most HVAC systems.
- Enhanced comfort throughout your home.