SEER Stands For Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio
- SEER ratings are an important metric that determines the efficiency of your home’s cooling system.
- SEER ratings measure the rate at which a cooling system uses energy to cool your house.
- SEER ratings are like miles per gallon on a car; the higher the SEER rating, the more efficient the system.
- Visit www.AHRInet.org, which provides a comprehensive list of systems with their SEER ratings.
At AirNow HVAC Heating and Air Conditioning our trained professionals strive to provide you with efficient systems that boast high SEER ratings while remaining cost-effective. We take several factors into consideration, including regional weather conditions, to determine an estimated number of cooling hours your home will need each year. We then identify, match-up and install complimentary cooling system components to ensure they obtain the highest possible SEER ratings and efficiency.
You need to know that an HVAC system manufacturer’s motivation is to achieve the highest SEER efficiency rating at the lowest cost…but you should also know that it’s our motivation to make sure you get the best system for your needs.
The two most important things to consider when purchasing an HVAC system are:
- Equipment selection. Make sure you have components that match-up well with each other. If not, the system will not work as efficiently as possible, so work with a professional to ensure that all of a system’s components fit.
- Proper installation. The most important day in the life of the system is the day it gets installed. It’s startling to note the National Comfort Institute estimates that most systems get installed incorrectly at only 57 percent potential capacity. If an HVAC unit isn’t installed correctly, it may not even be able to match the efficiency of the 12 – 15-year-old Sherman Tank system you’re replacing.
Remember: a heating and air conditioning system will always cost you more to own than to buy, and the money you spend over the life of the system will be far more than the initial purchase price. But having some knowledge at your fingertips will help minimize that cost.
If you’d like to learn more SEER ratings, HSPF ratings, AFUE ratings, BTU – or just about how AirNow can help make your home more comfortable, energy efficient and cost-effective—contact us. We’re here for you no matter what time of year it is.