The big benefits of duct sealing
In houses with forced-air heating and cooling systems, ducts are used to distribute conditioned air throughout the house. In a typical house, however, about 20 to 30 percent of the air that moves through the duct system is lost due to leaks, holes, and poorly connected ducts, according to Energy Star. The result is higher utility bills and difficulty keeping the house comfortable, no matter how the thermostat is set.
How do you know that your home has poorly performing ducts? You have:
- High summer and winter utility bills.
- Rooms that are difficult to heat and cool.
- Stuffy rooms that never seem to feel comfortable.
- Ducts are located in an attic, crawlspace or the garage.
- Tangled or kinked flexible ducts in your system.
A duct system that is well-designed and properly sealed can make your home more comfortable, energy efficient, and safer. For simple steps to improve duct performance, check out Energy Star.
About AirNow Cooling & Heating